A view of the central platform, showing the inset of the angled stone indicating where the South Wales railway ended and
the Gloucester and Dean Forest Railway began. In 1855, and for 10 or 20 years afterwards, one angle of the stone read “SWR”
and the other “G&DFR”. The view is from the end of the main platform, up against the road bridge.
This photograph must be post-1947 because of the concrete block slight widening of the central platform.